10 December 2008

The Holiday!

I am in Chennai after only a few months. Last time I wanted to come home, this time I wasn't so keen. Lots of reasons. But surprisingly this time a lot of people know I'm back home. The last time I kept it rather quiet. No reason. 
Nevertheless, it's good to be back home. I finally have time. The bad thing is that I don't know what to do with him- this extra time. It's boring to spend all day with him without not doing anything. Since I have so much of him, I sleep with him. Some more of him I share with my family. A majority of him I spend with the television and my beautiful Mac. While still little I protect in case I need him to meet a friend.
But it's not enjoyable. I wish I had little or no time. I wish my days were packed. I wish I had something to do. I wish I were motivated enough to get off my butt and do something I like, love and enjoy. Nah... I don't want to do anything I enjoy. Bloody ironic.
Any way what good is a holiday(read sem break) if you don't sit at home in your PJ all day, don't bathe until it's time to go to bed, read the paper at one in the afternoon while having your "breakfast", know the time for every soap and program on TV and still not watch all of it, and eat and eat right before Christmas and new year. 
I wonder if I could have a strict regimen that I would follow now. I don't think I could do it. It would defeat the very purposelessness of this holiday. I'd hate to do that! This is MY holiday, I deserve it, I need it, I like it. But how come I'm so bored :(
Boredom. She's always presented herself in my life. She won't go away no matter how hard I try and today, ever since this holiday, she's come to plague me as if sent by God himself; harsh, painful, bitter and even sad.  I wish I could wring her neck and throw her outside for the stray dogs to eat. Maybe tonight I will kill her and be rid of her for now. For oh no! i know she will be back soon. The bloody bitch. ha ha.
You know what, I want to be able to make something of this holiday. Even if it is to lose more weight to fit into that new years dress or talk to my brother more. But I should make something of this excess time. Use him so that I don't have to deal with her- boredom.
But should I? I don't know, like i always don't. I can afford to be lazy now and i probably can't for some time to come. I love lazy. Unlike boredom she's nice, she's fun, she keeps me from doing things boring. I like lazy, she lets me be. And that's what I am going to do- be; be lazy, be in my PJ, be without my bath, be in front of the TV and around the fridge, be without anyone-jobless, smelly perhaps, bored out of my mind, but funny, always be funny.  

2 comments:

Vasu said...

Read a book. I suggest: John Fowles - The Magus.

sharmila said...

Hey,you got a lot of time and plenty of boredom...why not make a video for my company..call me!